Useful tips from Personaltours:
- Operation of museums. Probably many of us have been in situation when we came to the museum and saw a “closed” sign. Not to be trapped, better to plan a day of visit.
- Location of museums. It is best to visit museums, which are located nearby. For example, if you want to visit Tsarskoye Selo you can also visit Pavlovsk because they are located less than 10 km from each other. The same goes for a visit to Peterhof, Strelna and Lomonosov.
- How much time you need to visit the museum. In some museums excursion lasts for 45 minutes, in other is for hour. A complete tour of the Hermitage lasts up to 3 hours.
- Is there a guide service? Some museums include group excursions to the ticket price. However, it is not always suitable because the formation of the group may take some time and group is about 30 people. Of course, more informative and comfortable is a private tour with a guide. Personaltours offer this kind of service.
- The special operation during the summer. Several museums in the “high” season set its own special operation. On the one hand, it is good for visitors. For example, St. Isaac’s Cathedral and Saviour on the Blood Cathedral operate from 18:00 to 22:30. A colonnade of St. Isaac’s Cathedral takes visitors until 4:30 am! On the other hand, some of museums restrict access for individual tourists to serve large groups.
- Do you want to show St. Petersburg of foreign guest? Do not forget to think in advance about the guide-interpreter.